Position Title Animal Care Technician
Job Classification Non-Exempt
Assignment Category Part-Time/24 – 29 hours (schedule may varies- may include weekends)
Salary Range $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
Reports to Senior Operations Manager
Job Description Summary
The Animal Care Technician is responsible for providing quality care for all the pets and supporting the mission of the Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center. The Animal Care Technician will ensure the daily care and cleaning of the kennels for all pets residing at the adoption center.
• Clean and maintain kennels and animal living areas
• on a daily basis .
• Daily cleaning and sanitizing the water and food bowls.
• Clean and sanitize pet toys. Distribute toys to kennels and play yards.
• Ensure all pets receive the correct amount of food and water.
• Polish kennels when needed.
• Laundry duties including washing, drying and distribution of towels and blankets to the kennels and Cattery.
• Daily cleaning and sanitizing of the pet adoption center including but not limited to restrooms, break room, lobby, laundry room, grooming room, meet and greet rooms, intake, volunteer center, food room, and front offices.
• Assist with the cleaning and organizing of the warehouse.
• Assist with grounds maintenance including but not limited to raking, cleaning play yards, seeping walk-ways, windows, electric room, food bins and dumpster/smoking area.
• Socialize cats and dogs as time allows.
• Restock the restrooms as needed.
• Report any signs of illness of the animals to your supervisor.
• Interact politely with all volunteers that are socializing the dogs and cats.
• Interact politely with the public as needed.
• Experience in janitorial and/or kennel cleaning.
• Able to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to work independently.
• Comfortable handling all sizes of cats and dogs.
• Respect and positive attitude in handling of the animals.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule.
• Strong work ethic with attention to detail.