The PAC Paws Reading Program helps children ages 6-13 develop compassionate relationships with animals by providing an opportunity for both kids and animals to spend time together in a calm and respectful environment.
WHAT: Children can practice their reading skills in a fun and non-judgmental atmosphere while giving our resident animals the chance to get socialization. The focus of the interaction is on reading rather than the animal, which teaches children how to be respectful of an animal’s space and body and provides a safe, positive interaction for the animal.
WHEN: Second and fourth Tuesday of each month, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
COST: $5.00 per child. Reservations are required.
PAC PAWS INFO:
- All sessions are from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- PAC Paws is for children ages 6-13.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis. We can accommodate 5 participants per session, so sign up early!
- Registration fee is transferable but non-refundable.
- In order to limit the number of people present, parents should plan to drop their children off after signing them in.
- Please bring your own books to read to minimize shared materials.
- Masks will be required while in the Pet Adoption Center and Cattery.
- This program is for humans only – please leave your great pets at home!
REWARDS PROGRAM: Ask for a Pur-fect Reader Stamp Card and receive a stamp every time you attend a PAC Paws reading session of at least 30 minutes. Each stamp gets you closer to fun prizes!